Tuesday, December 25, 2007

NOT a White Christmas here!

Cloudy, and low 50's. The rain in Georgia is marching this way. As of 8 PM there has been a light shower in the area a few hours ago. At least we have had 3 inches of rain so far this month. We won't make up the remaining 20 inches below normal, or at least I hope NOT at once. One of our recent rains was 2 inches, and it all soaked in. Then we had few very cold mornings with one morning in the upper teens.
For Christmas I have a little 4 legged visitor. Snoopy, a white with some reddish tan markings is a foster from the Newberry County Animal Control and Care. All of the other little dogs got fostered out for the holidays. I took him with me. He's listied as a Chihuahua mix, but naaaaah! It's more like Jack Russell Terror , I mean Terrier. He's a pretty good boy, but he needs to learns some manners. He learned SIT immediately. but he needs to learn other things. He's sleeping with Jolene. She accepts him, but she will NOT play in the house. He does. DOES HE EVER! But they both go a mile in the morning, and when I had more time to spare away from the radio station we've done 2 miles. He goes back Thursday or tomorrow if they are open. I worry about Jolene missing him.

I got a big surprise from the radio station. I got a nice bonus check in my regular paycheck. The nearly 30 years at Bellsouth they never gave us anything, and neither much at my other part time places. Yes, I am very grateful.

I am glad that Christmas is over at the radio station. Christmas music can get tiring over time. Well, there is next year.


See you all in a later chat.

2 comments:

Larry Kollar said...

Oh, hallelujah, no more Christmas music! They were even playing it on BeirutNights.com last night, but at least it was techno versions so that was OK.

Actually, it's been quiet here. I wrote a story (on the blog), and got a bag of Bigbucks, oops I mean Starbucks, coffee.

zzzz said...

Not too much on the white stuff in AZ either. Believe it or not, the last of the Christmas decorations came down this weekend on a house down the street.